Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility (SFBF)
On the 22nd October 2019, the Swedish Bankers Association announced that it had reached an agreement to transfer the Administration of the key reference rate STIBOR to the Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility (SFBF). The newly formed company is a Swedish incorporated subsidiary of Global Rate Set Systems Ltd (GRSS). Global Rate Set Systems Ltd is an independent company that specialises in benchmark administration, calculating agent and benchmark licensing services. GRSS subsidiaries operate as benchmark administrators in a number of countries including Czech Republic, Denmark and Chile.
The Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility is an independent benchmark administrator, specifically established to administer the Stockholm Interbank Offered Rate, known as STIBOR. STIBOR is a widely used financial benchmark designed to reflect the average rate at which a number of banks, active in the Swedish money market, are willing to lend to one another without collateral at different maturities.
Our primary purpose is to provide a best practice governance environment for the STIBOR benchmark applying international guidelines and regulations, overseen by an independent Oversight Committee. In parallel the Board, and its committees, will consider how STIBOR should best evolve for the benefit of its users and the broader Swedish financial markets. For more info see www.swfbf.se
Do you want to work in a position critical to the success of the establishment of SFBF as an independent benchmark administrator of STIBOR?
The role as Business Coordinator is critical to the success of the SFBF as it prepares to operate under the supervision of the Swedish financial regulator, Finansinspektionen. As a newly incorporated company, working to tight schedules and operating in close cooperation with multiple stakeholders across the Swedish financial, legal and regulatory sectors, the purpose of the role is to assist in the facilitation and coordination of a range of business activities. The business coordinator will report to the Managing Director of the SFBF and the position is based at SFBF’s office in the centre of Stockholm, Sweden.
- Coordination of key business activities, ensuring effective communication with the Managing Director and counterparts across the GRSS group
- Working with Compliance and Operations teams to ensure the SFBF meets all of its contractual, legal, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Preparation for and attendance of Oversight Committee meetings working to ensure the establishment of best practice governance, control and accountability arrangements to align the organisation and its activities with regulatory requirements, industry standards as well as requirements defined by the Risk and Compliance Committee
- Preparation of materials for The Board of Directors
- Operate as the first point of contact for all inquiries by the public, media as well as STIBOR panel banks for all matters related to the SFBF
- Liaison with legal and accounting associates
- Daily oversight of the SFBF bank accounts and ensuring timely vendor payments
- With the subscription team ensure that subscription agreements are properly signed, filed, and payments duly received
- Manage payments and receipts, including preparation of documentation
- Onboarding of new employees as per GRSS HR procedure
- Liaison with GRSS IT department to ensure the SFBF website is always up to date while also contributing news releases as required. Ad-hoc translation, interpreting, and general administrative services.
- Organisation – demonstrable experience in the coordination of business activities
- Communication - use written and verbal language and style appropriate to the audience and context
- Job Knowledge - understanding and experience of Finance and banking operations an advantage, though not essential. Ability to understand and analyse procedural documentation
- Teamwork - work constructively with people as a team member to achieve a common goal
- Dependability and Commitment – reliable and dedicated to outcomes
- Continuous Improvement – adjusts to change and different perspectives, thinks proactively and pursues opportunities and take appropriate action
- Organising for Results - ensures work is completed effectively and within agreed timelines
- Fully bilingual in English and Swedish
- Able to work independently and pro-actively in liaison with a virtual global team
- Company Board level experience an advantage.
- Have a high standard of written and verbal communication
- Be self-motivated and display a responsible, committed attitude to work and the organisation
- Capable of original strategic thinking to provide solutions to issues
- High level of personal integrity and ethics
- Provide leadership and advice to other employees
- Use initiative and good judgement
- Be observant
- Be adaptable to changing situations
- Able to work in a team environment
- Adherence to procedures and policies
You are offered a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a critical part of the success of the establishment of the Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility. You are offered a key role in a pleasant environment with knowledgeable and professional colleagues and will through this position get the access to a large network among all the Swedish banks as well as other relevant actors throughout Europe and globally through GRSS.
In this recruitment the Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility is cooperating with Stjerna & Partner. We are looking forward to recieving your application, consisting of CV and cover letter, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply as soon as possible since the selection process is ongoing. Warmly welcome with your application!
Should you have any questions or queries regarding the position you are welcome to contact Valter Stjerna at tel +46 733 40 09 04.